– Okay, so do you think
this is a healthy lunch? – Yeah. (bright music) – My name is Eva. – I’m Nicholas. – I’m Kavali and this is my mom. – Hey! – Every day. – ‘Cause I made his lunch
every single day last year. I wanted a little break (laughs). – I did pack lunch and then she decided she didn’t like anything I was making and we just made a mutual agreement for her to be able to choose hot lunch. – Today I’m going to be serving you one of my favorites. – You guys stay here. I’ll be right back. – Are you going to serve? – You just wait. – Okay, I’ll wait and see. – I need to leave. – Oh wow, bye. – Can you do it? – Is this a magic act, too? – Open your eyes! – [Man] Oh, wow. – Oh my gosh, and you
have a hair net. (laughs) – Oh, you do. I didn’t even see that. – Oh wow. This is a lot of good food over here. Oh, wow! (laughs) – This is a big pepperoni (mumbles). And I did some celery and ranch, Funyuns. – Can we try? Are we gonna start it? – Just start.
– Try it? – Alright, sure. I haven’t eaten. (laughs) – Wow! – What are the rules in the lunchroom? – You can not get up and walk around in the middle of lunch. – You cannot just go up to someone’s table and talk to them. That’s a rule. – That you have to have at
least one piece of vegetable. – You’re not allowed to go have lunch. – Did you eat vegetables and fruits? – I don’t think so. I don’t think I did. – You don’t remember? – Yeah.
– Really? – Yeah, I don’t think I did. – A lot of the times. – What about you? – Maybe I didn’t once. – I used to pack salads for his lunch. – No. – Oh, so did you eat it? – No. – I would throw it away in the garbage. I told you I didn’t want them. – No, you told me that you wanted them. That’s the only reason
why I would buy them. So he fake likes vegetables. – Can we eat?
– Yes, go ahead. – Geez, you are hungry. – I guess so. – I see you’ve chosen chocolate milk. How often do you eat chocolate milk? – Every Monday and Friday. – I’m lactose intolerant,
so I don’t really eat those on the other days. Yes. (laughs) – So do you choose to sit next to anybody in
particular for lunchtime? – I like sitting next to my friends that do Pokemon. – Oh, how nice. – Do you guys have your Pokemon cards while you eat lunch? – No, Pokemon cards aren’t allowed. – A dollar. – Two dollars, I think. – It’s not many. It’s just at the
beginning you grab a card. – I might need to have a conversation with her about the money part of it. – Well, there it goes. – Well, you know, that’s the way it was in the old days. We ate when we could, so
you don’t want to miss this. – Can I have another pizza? (laughs) – Yeah. – Yeah, right. You know they only give you one. – They give me two at sometimes. – Yeah, right. – Do you have enough time to eat your whole lunch? – Sometimes. Lunch can be very short. – Do you know, is it about 15 minutes? – I think about 10. – Maybe 10 or 11 or something. – Packed lunch or hot lunch? – Both. – Whose lunches do you like better? When mom packs it for you
or when I pack it for you? – Really?
– Oh, wow. Ouch. – Are you feeling happy
with hot lunch everyday? – I want to go back to
what we did last year where one day I would have hot lunch and then the next day I don’t. – This is news to me. So I guess we’ll have to
discuss what our new plan is. – Yeah.
– Alright. (clattering) – Oh! Okay, Kavali.